From:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:25:43 -0700
to the Worm-eating spot...no guarantee it will be
there tomorrow:

Take the gravel path from the main entrance (off W
Ridgewood) across the bridge and soon therefafter you
will see the Channel 55 Tower and a paved roadway
leading up a hill on your right.  Follow the paved
road to the top of the hill and just beyond you will
see a mud path on your left.  This trail follows the
top of the ridge for quite a ways.  You will pass a
quite elaborate tree house on your right and soon
thereafter the trail veers 90 degrees to your left.
From this point on out, look and listen intently for
the Worm-eating Warbler.  It was calling
intermittently while I watched it...listen for the
short buzzy call note of a warbler.  There is a side
trail that veers again 90 degrees to the left - this
is where I first located the bird.  There are a lot of
grapevine tangles in this area and this is where the
bird was hanging out.

Basically, a needle in a haystack without an
understanding of the area, but I have tried my best to
decsribe the landmarks.  The entrance to West Creek
Reseravtion is off West Ridgewood Dr in Parma, between
State and Broadview Rds.  Good luck.

-Gabe Leidy