From:
Aaron Boone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron Boone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:47:13 -0400
Fellow birders,

I would like to bring everyone's attention to a new addition that we have on
our website (which will take on a new look in the near future so stay
tuned!)  Ned Keller has been very kind in lending his expertise to the
creation of a map showing all OBBA2 priority blocks.  Go to the Priority
Blocks section on our main website (www.ohiobirds.org/obba2/).

This map shows each block in relationship to county and the blocks are color
coded showing which blocks have and DO NOT have atlas data.  Also, the map
is interactive; placing your cursor over an individual block will reveal its
ID tag and clicking a block will bring you to that block's profile page
where you can download maps and current data lists.

At the moment, roughly 40% of priority blocks have data and several of these
have just a handful of species records.  It is imperative to Ohio's 2nd
Atlas project that ALL priority blocks get adequate survey coverage.  There
is a multitude of survey options out there right now.  Please let us know if
you would like to survey one of these blocks and we'll get you survey
materials right away.

Aaron Boone
Project Coordinator
Ohio Breeding Bird Atlas II