From:
Greg Links <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:07:32 -0700
Ohio Birders,

Several years ago, I attempted to take on the task of expanding upon a repository of sorts for all the listers out there.  Specifically, it was started by Vic Fazio on his aves.net site and I think Greg Miller may have even run with it for awhile.  "Lister's Corner" was the name of it, and there you could find ranking reports for Ohio County lists.  I solicited the Ohio-birds group several times for submissions, and received all of 3.  Due to lack of interest, I tabled the project.

Today, I am developing something (not sure yet how basic or extensive it will be) for the rarebird.org crowd that is similar in nature.  We have a number of active big day'ers and listers up in the NW so it seems like that lunatic fringe at least may be open to this now.

I am putting together lists of relevant big day records - Ohio overall, Ohio monthly, Ohio County, North Coast Open, etc. - dates, species, participants.  Since we bird Monroe County, MI rather heavily, I am including that area of SE MI.  I also want to compile county ranking lists, like the MI-Listers group does.

On the chance the rest of Ohio are more interested in these "dry" statistics today more than in the past, I thought I would volunteer to compile the data once again.  The lists I am specifically soliciting are:

1.  Ohio list
2.  Any county list from Ohio
3.  Any county Big Day lists
4.  Yard list (my personal favorite)

Send me what you have if you are interested, and if I get a reasonable number of submissions, then maybe we can revisit the Ohio "Lister's Corner" concept.

Thanks,

Greg Links
Somewhere Near Toledo