Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 00:39:34 EDT
Hello!

During the late afternoon of Thursday, April 24th, I heard then observed a
male Summer Tanager in a tree about 15 feet off of the ground along the
beginning stretch of the pet trail.  Suzan Jervey, head naturalist at  Highbanks,
reported that she saw him earlier in the afternoon in the vicinity of  the
Nature Center parking lot. No other new arrivals were observed today (at  least
along the pet trail).  As a side note, we still have a Red-Breasted  Nuthatch
coming to our peanut feeder at our house.  Directions to Highbanks  are on the
OOS web site or can be accessed at _www.metroparks.net_
(http://www.metroparks.net) .

Rob Lowry
Powell, Ohio