From:
Ann Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2008 21:13:16 -0400
Couldn't stay inside on such a beautiful day, so I spent the day at 3
wetland on Wayne National Forest lands not far from where I live.  Spring
has sprung, and it is also tick season (tuck your pant legs into your
socks/boots so you can see them when they hitch a ride !).

Tansky's Marsh (Perry Co; S.R. 93 several miles west of New Straitsville)

Yellow Warbler    4
Common Yellowthroat    2
Blue-Winged Warbler    2
Louisiana Waterthrush    1
Baltimore Oriole    1
Eastern Phoebe    1
Song Sparrow    1
Tree Swallow    1
Killdeer    1
Red-Tailed Hawk    1
Turkey Vulture    1
Crow    3
Gray Catbird    3
Red-Winged Blackbird    10
White-Breasted Nuthatch    1
Cardinal    2
Red-Bellied Woodpecker    1
Eastern Towhee    3
Canada Goose    2

Greendale Wetland (Hocking Co.; S.R. 595 south of New Straitsville):

White-Eyed Vireo    2
Black & White Warbler    1
Eastern Towhee    4
Tree Swallow    1
Red-Winged Blackbird    2
Chickadee    1
Song Sparrow    2
Canada Goose    5
Mallards    2
Robin    1
Cardinal    2
Crow    1

Rutherford Wetland (Hocking Co.; S.R. 278 several miles north of Carbon
Hill):

White-Eyed Vireo    4
Common Yellowthroat    2
Yellow Warbler    1
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher    2
Indigo Bunting    1
Eastern Bluebird    1
Chickadee    2
Tree Swallow    10
Eastern Towhee    1
Robin    1
Tufted Titmouse    1
Red-Winged Blackbird    20
Cardinal    4
Mourning Dove    2
Crow    2
Great Blue Heron    1
Red-Bellied Woodpecker    1
Pileated Woodpecker    1
Downy Woodpecker    1
Gray Catbird    1
Canada Goose    8

P.S. - The Whip-poor-will that has been present for the last 2 years just
down the road from my house on Price Road arrived for the first time on
Friday night !!

Ann Cramer
Logan, OH