Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:33:54 EDT
Today was a catch-up on paperwork day which meant no getting out to bird,  or
so I though. Just after lunch I went out to get the mail and picked up two
birds, a belted kingfisher flying from our two acre pond with a Cooper's Hawk
in  hot pursuit. The Cooper's Hawk has reduced our local mourning dove
population  much to my wife's displeasure. She isn't happy finding circles of feathers
in  the flower beds. But getting buzzed by a low flying kingfisher with a
hawk in  hot pursuit is definitely not an everyday experience.

Charlie Bombaci
Genoa Township, Delaware County

listings at AOL Autos.