From:
"Laura C. Gooch" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:17:18 -0400
I helped Julie West with banding this morning at the Nature Center at
Shaker Lakes (Shaker Heights, old Delorme 41, quadrant A6). It was
sloooow, and we didn't even see any warblers, much less band them.
However, a pair of immature Bald Eagles stopped by the Lower Shaker
Lakes around 7 AM and stayed for 45 minutes or so, which is major
excitement there. Marty (sorry, I don't know the last name) stopped by
and said that she had seem them yesterday evening as well.

I stopped by the Lower Lake on my way home and saw a few warblers. The
Cleveland Hiking Club walk this morning (led by Leo Deininger) had seven
species of warbler downstream from the Lower Lake (I don't know which
seven), but reported that things were generally slow.

Lists of what we saw during the morning follow.

Laura Gooch
Cleveland Heights