Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:14:52 -0400
     Went over to see the LA Waterthrush at Hogback Road at the north end of Alum Creek Reservoir. They are in a little side ravine on the other side of the road from the main water and Osprey nest platforms, just north of the mouth of the Alum Creek. As soon as I stepped out of the car I heard him singing loud and clear in a liquid voice that matches their watery environment. I took my scope and with some patience managed to get some pretty decent pictures of him as he sang and foraged by a small vernal pool/oxbow by the stream. I also got some shots of the Osprey and even a little courtship behavior. You can view my album at this public link, they are the first photo's in the album, you should just be able to click on the thumbnail photos to enlarge them when you follow the link, but some operating systems/web browsers don't like the public link for some reason. Anyways here they are:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2016607&l=79e21&id=164901416

   Good Birding

              - Ben Warner