From:
"Robert S. Morton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert S. Morton
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 09:11:37 -0400
I reported a Trumpeter Swan (pair) with one having a green neck band with
yellow letters. I may have reported it read M80. If I did, it was actually
M75.Just checked my notes for that day and saw the error. Drove west from
Fremont on Rt.6 to Racoon Creek and turned left onto CR. 265. The two
large private, man-made marshes to the left had:
8 Bufflehead
Gadwalls
Mallards
GB Heron
Shovelers
Lesser Scaup
Canada Geese
Pintails
Baldpates
GW Teal
Common Merganser-1 male, 3 female
Returned to Rt. 6 and continued heading East from Fremont toward Pickerel
Creek WA. Turned left on TR254. On the left is a large field then a
sportsmen's club with marsh and flooded cornfield. Pairs of Ring-neck
ducks, 4 pairs of Wood Ducks, and...yes...the Trumpeter Swans with one
wearing the M75 neck band. Around this area saw:
3 Kestrel
40 RW Blackbirds
2 Rock Doves
7 Tree Sparrows
12 Common Grackles
1 Kildeer
RT Hawk-3

Traveling further down TR254 is the Western edge of Pickerel Creek WA.
Robert in Fremont