Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 06:32:16 EDT
Sunday morning, May 11, I heard the distinctive call of a SEDGE WREN at Magee
Marsh.  It was located directly across from the entrance to the East parking
lot.  I first heard a Sora as I drove into the parking area at 7:30am.  When I
stopped and got out of the car to try to locate the Sora, I heard the wren.
I stood and listened to it repeat its song for several minutes, but was never
able to see either of these elusive birds.  Later, listening to several CD's,
I ruled out all the other possibilities, and concluded that I had heard a
Sedge Wren.

Other good gets during the weekend included a GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSH and a
Wilson's Warbler along the boardwalk on Friday, and an American Bittern on the
Ottawa driving tour on Sat.

Total of 88 species for the weekend, including 20 warbler species, and the
above two Life Birds (in caps).  Friday was the best day for me.

Kathi Hutton
Felicity, OH