Date:
Sun, 18 May 2008 16:25:01 -0400
Hey everyone, I am new to the OOS.  I live in the LaRue/Kenton area.

First of all is there anyone near me that wants to do a carpool type thing to go Warbler/migratory bird hunting? I have a Nikon D70 and an itchy trigger finger.

Second, I am looking for Bluebirds (for my Itchy Triggerfinger).  I live in town with no one around that has Bluebird houses with Bluebirds in them.  I am looking to get some that area away from their houses like perched or something more "natural".

Third and finally, are there any "H.A.M.sters" here?  You know who you are.  I figure that there must be at least one.

Anyways thanks for any replies.

Oh and I've had recient sightings and great pictures of Blue Gray Gnatcatchers(Great nest shots of that one), Gray Catbird, Orioles, House Wrens, and the one that looks like a house wren that is smaller (I can't remember what it is at the moment.) Downeys, Red Headed Woodpecker(No Pics of that), Goldfinchs, Plus one that totaly confused me: a bird that looked sort of like a scraggly Robin with a tail that had black and white feathers.  Too quick and too shy for my camera.  All of these were at the new Big Darby Headwaters Preserve in Middlesburg.  It has a gravel trail and a platform at the end of it.

Lawrence Woods In Kenton has a nature blind that is perfect for tripods and a boardwalk.  It had Gnatcatchers, Flycatchers, RH Woodpeckers, tons of Meadow Larks, and Common Yellowthroated Warblers. That was all I could take pictures of, there were Nuthatches Pheasants, and a few others there that I didn't know.

I have also seen Eastern Kingbirds and a Solitary Sandpiper in the area.

Most can be seen here:

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/sjlarue/NikonCafe/

Enjoy and Thanks

Steve Jones