Date:
Fri, 2 May 2008 11:50:42 EDT
Hello!

While birding the front part of the pet trail this morning, at around 10:30
AM, I heard then observed a Golden-Winged Warbler on the east side of the
muddy  stretch of the pet trail.  At one point, he was about 8 feet in front of me
 when he reared back his head and let out a "bee-buzz-buzz-buzz"!   I
notified  Dan Sanders who was just leaving Blendon  Woods.  After I hung up with Dan,
the Golden-Winged then flew  back into the woods on the west side of the
trail where I heard him sing twice  more then all went silent. After about another
20 minutes, I was then  joined by Dan Sanders, Doreene Linzell, and Joe
Hammond.  As we were  thinking of giving up, I heard the bird again and it was then
spotted by Joe at  about 11:30 AM as it foraged in the branches of a young
tree on the west side of  the trail.  He was again very vocal with his song.  We
all got good  looks at it before I left.  Overall, there was a nice variety
of warblers  and other migrants this morning.  I'm running late for an
appointment so  pardon me for the lack of details of other birds seen.  Directions  to
Highbanks are at _www.metroparks.net_ (http://www.metroparks.net)  or can be
accessed on  the OOS web site.

Rob Lowry
Powell, Ohio