From:
Bob Faber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Faber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2008 16:32:47 -0700
There is an interesting article on cormorants in
Environment Canada.  It makes mention that the
cormorant may not be a native Great Lakes bird.  Maybe
we should tone it down and study up.

Bob Faber
Hiram
--- OHIO-BIRDS automatic digest system

http://www.windowslive.com/family_safety/overview.html?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_WL_=

http://listserv.muohio.edu/scripts/wa.exe?LIST=3DOHIO-BIRDS
> [...]
> back on territory.
>
>   Other birds of interest:
>   SORA (2)
>   NOTHERN HARRIER (1)
>   Bobolink (10+)
>   E. Meadowlark (5)
>   Savannah Sparrow (5+)
>
>   and a coyote for good measure....
>
>   Good birding-
>   Bryn Roberts
>   Richfield, OH

> Additional discussions can be found in our forums,
> at www.ohiobirds.org/forum/.
>
> You can join or leave the list, or change your
> options, at:

> Send questions or comments about the list to:
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Sat, 24 May 2008 11:15:19 -0400
> From:    =?windows-1252?Q?Al_La_Sala?=
> Subject: Lazelle Woods Cooper's Hawl
>
> The Cooper's Hawk's eggs have finally hatched.
> Shortl after I arrived at=
> =20
> the park, I saw her leaving on one of her hunting
> trips.  About an hour=20=
>
> later I heard her squeaking so I knew she was about
> to return to the=20
> nest.  I hurried over there and saw her standing on
> the rim of the nest.=20=
> =20
> She had her back to me but I could see that she kept
> leaning forward as i=
> f=20
> she was feeding her nestlings.
>
> Also seen:
> Mallards (flying over), Red-Tailed Hawk,Mourning
> Doves,Red-Bellied=20
> Woodpeckers (their eggs have hatched too), Eastern
> Phoebes (adults and=20=
>
> fledglings),Blue Jays, American Crows, Barn
> Swallows, Northern Rough-
> Winged Swallows, Carolina Chickadees,White-Breasted
> Nuthatch, Blue-Gray=20=
>
> Gnatcatcher, American Robins (adults and
> fledglings), Swainson's Thrush,=20=
>
> Gray Catbird, Cedar Waxwings (a flock of at least
> 8), European Starlings,=
> =20
> American Redstarts (male and female playing a game
> of chase), Chestnut-
> Sided Warblers(male and female playing a game of
> chase), Northern=20
> Cardinal, Scarlet Tanager (male only-I wonder if the
> female is off nestin=
> g=20
> somewhere),Song Sparrows, Chipping Sparrows,
> Red-Winged Blackbirds, Commo=
> n=20
> Grackles, Brown-Headed Cowbirds, American Goldfinch,
> House Finch, House=20=
>
> Sparrow
> Mammals: Raccoons, Gray Squirrels, Eastern
> Cottontails
>
> Al La Sala
> Columbus, OH

> Additional discussions can be found in our forums,
> at www.ohiobirds.org/forum/.
>
> You can join or leave the list, or change your
> options, at:

http://listserv.muohio.edu/scripts/wa.exe?LIST=3DOHIO-BIRDS
> Send questions or comments about the list to:

=== message truncated ===