From:
Matthew Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2008 22:37:35 -0400
Just had a couple hours here this afternoon (4 - 6pm).  Most notable was an
American Pipit at the wetland and an Indigo Bunting under the power lines.
I took a few pictures
http://picasaweb.google.com/mvalencic/BirdsOfFrohringMeadows .  As usual I
missed a bunch that I have not learned to identify by call alone.

According to the naturalist there have been at least 61 species seen here
since it opened this winter.  Let keep reporting sighting data so they can
increase this list to a respectable number by the end of the year.  Try a
walk through the woods to get exposure to a variety of habitats.

Wetland and open field birds:

Tree Swallows (Picture)

Barn Swallows

Red-winged Blackbird

Semipalmated Sandpiper (picture)

Killdeer (picture)

Savannah Sparrows (picture)

Woodland walk:

Rose-breasted Grosbeaks (several - picture)

Wood Thrush (song)

White-breasted Nuthatch

Blue Jay

Northern Cardinal

Robin

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Pileated Woodpecker

Catbird

Field birds under the power lines:

Goldfinch

Song Sparrow

Brown-headed Cowbird

Yellow Warbler (picture)

House Finch (picture)

Eastern Bluebird feeding young (picture)

Indigo Bunting (picture - on gravel road)