From:
jen brumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jen brumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 12:10:48 +0000
Greetings birders -

Yesterday late afternoon I made a quick visit to the Ledges (Kendall Ledges) in the CVNP just south of Peninsula. Without walking too far down the trail I found/heard the following:

Dark-eyed Junco: 1 bird actively foraging on the ground for caterpillars/worms not 10 feet away.

Hermit Thrush: brief views of 1 adult carrying food.

Kentucky Warbler: 1 male in song (alternate song sounding much like Mourning Warbler).

Black-throated Green Warbler: 4 singing (territorial)

Chestnut-sided Warbler: 1 singing (migrant??)

Rose-breasted Grosbeak: 1 male carrying food.

Hooded Warbler: 4 males singing (territorial).

Also, at Oak Hill Day Use Center, CVNP:

Alder Flycatcher: 2 singing (territorial); great views of 1 bird

Purple Finch: 1 singing male

Great Crested Flycatcher: 2 pair

Blue-winged Warbler: 2 singing

Scobie Road (near Oak Hill Day Use Center):

Bobolink - 5

best of birding-

Jen Brumfield
North Canton, OH