From:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2008 20:55:10 -0400
I was at the beach this morning and saw some Bonaparte's Gulls and terns
but did not see the Laughing Gulls. After reading Gene's post I went out
there this evening to check again. As I rode my bicycle along the bike
trail below the dam I saw some gulls. I looked them over and picked out
all three Laughing Gulls in the field. I continued to the beach where I
found 4 Caspian Terns and the Forster's Tern. If you go to the beach and
don't see the Laughing Gulls, drive across the dam watching the field on
your left for gulls. If there are some you might try parking at the lot
on your right just before you get to the stop sign. You can then walk
along the bike trail along the edge of the field and look them over. The
field is large and a scope would be useful.

Doug Overacker
Springfield, Ohio