From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2008 18:53:02 -0700
I decided to stay close to home this weekend because of the weather and went to Wildwood Park on the east side of Cleveland Friday late and Sat morning (8 to 9) and early afternoon (1-3pm)  Didn't see that many warblers.  Here are a few birds I saw.  It was raining most of the time and Saturday afternoon it was a heavy downpour later.

Wood Ducks 2 Fri
Hooded Merganser 1 m Fri
AMERICAN BITTERN 1 - Sat (scared it up (scared me) west side of field north of library - flew around trees near Euclid Beach trailer park area and I lost it
Spotted Sandpipers - about 5 both days in Euclid Creek
Green Herons 2 (2 Fri, 1 Sat)
Yellowlegs 1 (I think lesser) saw Friday evening in creek- Sat on sidewalk and grass - took picture in heavy downpour
White-eyed Vireo - 1 Sat afternoon near lake
Warbling Vireo - few singing
Great Egret 1 on Fri in tree near bridge (don't see many here)
Wood Thrush & Veery 1 each Fri, too many others un-id'd as they scattered
Warblers:
Yellow - 5
Yellow-rumped - few
Palm 4 or 5 near lake in grass Sat
American Redstart 1 m near lake Sat morn
Common Yellowthroat - 2
Northern Waterthrush - 1 east side of Euclid Creek south of island - only saw this bird because watched a Spotted Sandpiper fly to the muddy bank and I saw another smaller tail-bopper in same area - the Spotty kept irritating the waterthrush almost like it was playing a game.
Lincoln Sparrow 1 Fri
White-crowned Sparrow 2 Sat
White-throated - 20-25
B.G. Gnatcatcher 1 both days
Baltimore Oriole 1 heard only near lake Sat

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/