From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2008 22:19:34 -0400
the lake was actually pretty decent today with a nice variety of species for
this time of year.  there were several good birds with the best being an
adult LITTLE BLUE HERON.  It was heading west out over the lake around 8:15.
Other decent birds were two immature bald eagles, an osprey, and a lesser
black-backed gull.    Nearly every gull that passed by today was an immature
bird which is typical for this time of year.

A CLAY-COLORED SPARROW was at my feeder late this evening.  It may be the
same bird that was seen Friday in the yard.  I didn't see the bird at all
Saturday or earlier today.  I was able to get some nice shots of the bird.
(See link below).  there were also several purple finches a pine siskin,
several red-breasted nuthatches, and a couple Lincoln's sparrows also.

 http://www.rarebird.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3171&PID=9239#9239 )

Lakeshore Waterbird Survey
May 4, 2008, 630-900
Weather- partly cloudy