From:
"Robert S. Morton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert S. Morton
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 21:06:39 -0400
Took a trip on wild path that follows all purpose trail between Fremont
and Clyde, Ohio. Beautiful area where land developers haven't yet
bulldozed. Vernal pools several hundred feet in length housed a pair of
Wood Ducks and Mallards. Heard several Red-Bellied Woodpeckers in the tall
trees there. Further along the trail was a nice woods of medium trees and
many fruit/berry bushes:

Song Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Baltimore Oriole male and female
Solitary Viroe
Wood Thrush
House Wren
Carolina Wren

All these birds were nesting in this "Wast Lane" by where the city dumps
its trash. I quess there's a lesson here: it's amazing how wildlife can
reproduce on the remaining untouched area patches that are left.