From:
"Warren, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Warren, Mary
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 14:42:40 -0400
As of May 1st, Crane Creek State Park is being transferred from Ohio
State Parks to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of
Wildlife to be managed as part of Magee Marsh State Wildlife Area that
has recently received national attention in Birders World and Wild Bird
magazines

The area will continue to be open to the public for wildlife
observation, fishing, and walking.  Access for fishing and birding will
be improved.

Portions of the area will be allowed to grow up to become wildlife
habitat, including the beach and part of the existing parking lot.
Enough parking will be maintained for visitors during peak birding
seasons.

Swimmers have the options of going to nearly Maumee Bay State Park ( to
the west) or East Harbor State Park to the east.

The existing pit latrine will be removed and portable toilets will be
installed.

The transfer will save Ohio State Parks about $20,000 annually in
maintenance and patrol expenses.  The Division of Wildlife will be
responsible for the maintenance and enforcement patrols.

This transfer will only be plus for birds and birders.

Happy Birding
Mary Warren
Magee Marsh