OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2008

Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:47:11 EDT
Hello!

Yesterday from 6:30 to 9:30 PM, my wife and I had a beautiful evening  to
bird Tri-Valley WA just east of Dresden, Ohio along a stretch of Madison  Hall
Road starting at Prospect Church Road and ending at the second  oil tank along
the road south of Prospect Church (about a mile segment).   The more notable
birds seen and/or heard were as follows:

Common Yellowthroat-6
Yellow Warbler
Yellow-Breasted Chat-2
Northern Harrier-1 male
Brown Thrasher-2
BLUE GROSBEAK-1 beautiful male sang in full view pretty much the whole time
that we were there, we also saw a female apart from the male.
Northern Bobwhite-7 or 8
Indigo Bunting-3 or 4
Willow Flycatcher-saw 1 heard several simultaneously at dusk
Henslow's Sparrow-16+
Grasshopper Sparrow-11+
Eastern Meadowlark-2
Eastern Kingbird
Orchard Oriole-3 males fighting (2 first summer)
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird
Eastern Towhee-2

Directions to Tri-Valley can be found on the ODNR web site and a link to a
map of the area is on the OOS web page.

Rob Lowry
Powell, Ohio.