OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2008

From:
Robb Clifford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robb Clifford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:20:27 -0400
Below is a link to some photos I got of the Burrowing Owl spotted in Darke
County this afternoon (June 24, 2008).  Again, there was a delay in a post
of this importance as we needed to speak with the land owners prior to
making it public.  The photos aren't 'great' but they do the job.  I'd love
to see some photos from people out there with a "bigger & better" camera!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25666543@N02/with/2609685264/
^these are the photos I was able to snap today^

Happy Birding!

--
Robb Clifford
- Naturalist -

Darke County Parks
www.darkecountyparks.org

"We need another and a wiser, and perhaps a more mystical concept of
animals. Remote from universal nature and living by complicated artifice,
man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge
and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. We
patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having
taken a form so far below ourselves. And therein we err, and greatly err.
For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more
complete than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions
of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall
never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other
nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
of the splendor and travail of the earth."
-Outermost House by Henry Beston-