OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2008

From:
Matthew Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:27:32 -0400
We had a wonderful afternoon canoeing the Cuyahoga River in Geauga County,
about 3 miles upstream of US422.  I was paddling and my son as taking
pictures.  We manage to see 5 Prothonotary Warblers in 2.5 hours and he took
pictures of 4 of them.  When I downloaded them to the computer and blew them
up I noticed colored bands on some of the birds legs.  I don't know the
banding system but thought someone out there on one of these lists might
want to look at the bands.  The pictures are posted at
http://picasaweb.google.com/mvalencic/BandedProthonotaryWarblersJune262008
and I did not alter them in any way.  You can download them and zoom in on
the legs to see what I mean.

Please pass this along if you know someone who can use the information

Regards,

Matt & Adam Valencic

Chagrin Falls, OH