OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2008

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:12:10 -0400
Tom & all--
        I sent a Hicks article from 1938 to various folks, but given the
ongoing interest in the Bellevue "potholes" perhaps other readers of the
list will be interested in a good story of the most impressive welling
up of water there (1937), with waterspouts spurting in front yards and
unusual numbers of shorebirds. Search SORA, then go to Wilson Bulletin,
and search p. 197 ff in the September 1938 issue. Or I can send an
attached link on request.
Bill Whan
Columbus