OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2008

Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:10:14 -0400
Sorry If you found my post inflamatory. I guess I was slightly offended that someone would question the ethics of my friends (the birders who have seen the rail are my friends) and even suggest (even tactfully) that they were harrassing the birds, but I didn't mean to come down on anyone, I simply questioned wether it was appropriate to call out these friends of mine here on the listserve, therefore wasting space like I'm doing right now and generally getting on everyones nerves by putting up a bunch of explanations and arguments which no one likes to read. I apologize for all of this.

 I also wanted to take a chance and explain birding ethics of tape playing because I get a lot of questions about this and a lot of people don't know basic guidelines. I intended to help others understand these guidelines and I'm sorry If I came off hard, I should have been more careful of my word choice, thank you for pointing that out KG, I hope you can forgive me, but I'll say no more about any of this, let this be the final post please so people can read about birds and not my worthless opinions. I'm sorry everyone,

      - Ben warner