OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2008

From:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 05:03:52 -0700
We were among a group of about a dozen birders who heard the rails at Charlie's Pond on Wed. evening.  To the best of my knowledge, no one saw the bird(s).  One group said they heard the vocalizations from about 6 feet off the road before we got there, but the sounds seemed to be coming from about 150 feet away while we were there.

  Other birds sighted included Dickcissels (many), Grasshopper Sparrow, Horned Lark, Blue Grosbeak, Ring-necked Pheasant (many).  We didn't have much time to bird the area due to fading light.

  Jim and Cindy Beckman