OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2008

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 21:07:56 -0400
  I hear from local residents that the black rail site has become a
problem for the property owners; the words I heard were "very irate."
Apparently the heavy rains have resulted in lots of ruts caused by
parked vehicles. Please regard this property as if it were your own:
think how you would feel if hundreds of people visited your place
uninvited at all times of the day and night. This is private property,
and the owners have been very understanding with birders in the past.
Think of them when you come for the rails. I'm sorry to toss a wet
blanket, but a phenomenon like this attracts enough people that some
don't realize how much they may be intruding.
Bill Whan
Columbus