OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2008

From:
Laura Dornan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2008 04:37:07 EDT
When I posted last night about the Blue Grosbeak at Woodbury, I forgot to
mention the other birds we saw and/or  heard there.  At the same spot  where we
found the grosbeak, we also had several Grasshopper & Henslow's  Sparrrows,
Common Yellowthroat, Eastern Kingbird & Field Sparrows.  We  think we heard a
Yellow-breasted Chat also but it only called once.  In the  past, we have also
found Dickcissels here by walking up the path from the oil  tanks.  It is a
pretty productive spot.

Other noteworthy birds seen as we drove some of the roads were even more
Henslow's (for a final total of 15!), White-eyed Vireo, Indigo Bunting, 7 Brown
Thrashers & 2 Northern Harriers.  We ended up with a total of 33  species in a
3 hour period.  Woodbury really is a great birding area that  needs a lot
more attention than it gets.

Laura Dornan
Louisville

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.