OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2008

Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2008 01:04:06 -0400
While at larue Park gazing at the bluebirds, and fighting the skeeters.  I saw a pair of Orchard Orioles, four catbirds, I heard a phoebe.

I have one questionable. Would a house wren put their nest in a tree over water?  I  have only seen them in the woods.  This bird was small like a warbler, kind of like a small wren. another bird was hanging around that looked like a house sparrow (with the black dot on it's neck, but it was smaller. sorry no pics, they kept mooving around too much.  Which makes me think that they were not wrens or sparrows, but some sort of warbler because they didn't stay in one place longer than a half a second. House wrens would usually stay around long enough to get a pic or two and scold me.  And house sparrows would do pretty much the same.