OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2008

From:
Barbara Philbrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barbara Philbrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:56:59 -0400
Thank you to everyone who responded!

I think immature grosbeak... See the following link and the picture where
they are holding up the bird's wing to show the red underwing; that looks
the most like the bird I saw.

http://bdi.org/Birdkey/Detail.cfm?ID=2258&Area_Name=&DepthToSearch=5&Passed_
Genus=Pheucticus&Passed_Species=ludovicianus

Thank you to everyone and especially to Richard Robertson, who sent the link
to the above picture.

Regards,

Barb