OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2008

From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 11 Jul 2008 19:39:20 -0400602_UTF-8 I visited a series of sites along this Franklin County creek below where most people think to bird. Starting at the Confluence Area of 3-Creeks Park, I surveyed different stretches of the creek all the way down to its junction with the Scioto River. In this portion of greater Columbus, the riparian strip of the creek is often squeezed between warehouses, small farm fields, and quarries new and old. The diversity of birds was OK for such a well-trammeled area, but there were no jaw-dropping surprises like Night Herons. Best birds were concentrated in the few larger patches of riparian [...]44_11Jul200819:39:[log in to unmask]