OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2008

From:
Su Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Su Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 19:49:34 -0400
Hi all:  Cheryl Harner, Warren Uxley and I headed north today to Pickerel
Creek.  At Area D near to the pump house, we saw the previously reported
AMERICAN AVOCET.   Other shorebirds were Killdeer, Greater Yellowlegs,
Spotted Sandpiper, Least Sandpiper, Dunlin, and Short-billed Dowitcher.  A
little west along Pearson Road at the "orchid parking pulloff"  we heard,
then saw a SEDGE WREN.

On the way back south, we stopped at the flooded area along TR 80 (between
County Line Road and CR 34)  outside of Bellevue.  We didn't stay long, and
only saw one of the BLACK-NECKED STILTS previously reported.     Su Snyder,
Wooster