OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2008

From:
David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:21:06 -0400
    I have found two rabbits this year (one in winter and one yesterday)
that have just the head eaten. Could a great horned owl do this? I can't
think of anything else that would do this. I think any mammal would carry
the whole thing away. The last one was in our yard 20 feet from the house.
Thanks for any thoughts.
                David Smith
                Station 15, Harrison Cty