OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2008

From:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:06:14 -0700
During a very brief visit to Spring Valley Wildlife Area this morning (Besides all the normal Chickadees, Great Blue Herons, etc.):

  Baltimore Oriole - 2 adult males chasing adult Red-Headed Woodpeckers
  Belted Kingfisher

  In one bush along the bike path within a 20-minute period:

  White-eyed Vireo - at least 2, maybe more
  Warbling Vireo - lots
  Bay-breasted or Blackpoll Warbler, fall plumage, at least 3
  Empidonax flycatcher - very yellow belly, no voice for identification
  Downy Woodpecker
  Indigo Bunting
  Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
  Robin
  Gray Catbird
  Brown Thrasher
  Goldfinch
  Scarlet Tanager

  NO eagle today, but it appears that more sticks have been placed on the cell phone tower (this could be my imagination or wishful thinking).  I haven't heard any news from the farmer who reported the eagle perching in dead trees on his property.