OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2008

From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:01:37 -0400
Having only lived in Ohio for a year and having never been to Columbus
I was wondering if anyone would like to help me sort of prioritize?
where to
go for a day trip.  I hope to bird in the am(ish) and maybe furniture
shop in the
pm(ish).
  Seems like there are a lot of great places but when reading the list
I easily lose track of what is where since I've never been there.
If there were one place maybe two to see right now (Thursday or
Friday) which would it be?
I'm not targeting any particular species though the Godwit would have
been nice for sure.
I do like water  and water birds.
You can email directly vs. cluttering the list.

Thank you,

Marie

It should be noted that between 1950 and 1984, as the Green
Revolution transformed agriculture around the globe, world grain
production increased by 250%. The energy for the Green Revolution was
provided by fossil fuels in the form of fertilizers (natural gas),
pesticides (oil), and hydrocarbon fueled irrigation.
The world population has grown by about four billion since the
beginning of the Green Revolution and most believe that, without the
Revolution, there would be greater famine and malnutrition than the
UN presently documents (approximately 850 million people suffering
from chronic malnutrition in 2005).[36]