OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2008

From:
Jeff Maass <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:26:35 -0400
As I posted while at the site, the Marbled Godwit is back at Glacier Ridge Metro Park
wetlands area!

I went to look for him this afternoon, but no sign initially. Just the usual cast of
characters, enjoying slightly larger puddles from the rain yesterday and this morning.

As I was preparing to pack up my camera, in flew a large long-beaked bird from the North,
landing at the far end of the pond area to the East. Sure enough, it was the Marbled
Godwit, back after being gone since Monday!

Long-range photo below.

http://www.k8nd.com/Local_Critters/Photos_MarbledGodwit/pages/GR_MarbledGodwit_4199.htm

Jeff Maass

http://www.k8nd.com/LocalCritters.htm