OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2008

From:
Matthew Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2008 22:28:10 -0400
Next week my wife and I are going to Yosemite, Monterey, Santa Cruz (Elkhorn
Slough), Half Moon Bay and San Francisco Fisherman's Warf area for a week.
If anyone has some specific birding suggestions that would allow us to catch
some really good birds while enjoying the rest of the sights I would be
delighted to hear from you on a separate email.

We will have the Zeiss 85mm scope for digiscoping and our DSLR with 70-300mm
lens for closer shots.

I have already downloaded some things specific to Yosemite (what birds to be
found at specific tourist sites!) but would welcome any other thoughts.

We will not be taking a pelagic trip (I would not put Patti through that).
Someday .. Maybe ..  We will be spending lots of time along the coast from
Monterey to Half Moon Bay.

Regards,

Matt Valencic

South Russell, OH