OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2008

From:
Su Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Su Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 19:00:49 -0400
Hi all:  Hallie Mason, Sally Deems-Mogyordy, and I took off this morning in
search of shorebirds.  Our first stop was the Mansfield Airport, where we
got good looks at 2 UPLAND SANDPIPERS.  The birds could be seen from the
parking lot just to the left of Flyboys Restaurant.  They were inside the
fence, walking on the grass near the access road.

Our next stops were the flooded areas near Bellevue.   There were lots of
shorebirds moving in and out and we missed the Black-necked Stilts, but we
did see Semi-plam Plover, Killdeer, Greater Yellowlegs, Lesser Yellowlegs,
Spotted Sandpiper, Semi-plam Sandpiper, Least Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpiper,
Dunlin, Stilt Sandpiper, and Short-billed Dowitcher.

Our last stop was Pipe Creek, where we saw most of the same shorebirds that
were near Bellevue, but in lesser numbers.  Our only new additions were a
couple of Ruddy Turnstones.  Su Snyder, Wooster