OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2008

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 13 Aug 2008 04:56:15 -0400655_us-ascii > -----Original Message-----

[...]46_13Aug200804:56:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 19:53:48 EDT
I would like to bring to everyone's attention the situation in Barbados, in
which an estimated 45,000 migratory shorebirds are slaughtered for fun every
year. Here is a link to an article on this atrocity. I don't know if this has
any effect on shorebirds that pass through our area, but I think all of us
should be outraged about this and endeavor to do something about it.

_http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2007/08/21/eabarb121.x
ml_
(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2007/08/21/eabarb121.xml)

You can also Google Barbados and shorebird killing to find other  information
on this.

I apologize to the list if this type of post is considered off-topic.

Darlene Friedman
Novi, MI.

Read reviews on AOL Autos.