OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2008

From:
Laura Dornan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:10:53 EDT
This afternoon we took a drive down to Will's Creek in the southern part of
Coshocton County, DeLorme Gazateer, 61C4.  We had a good number of
shorebirds, probably close to 50 birds in all...a very good number for a small  inland
waterway, I think.  Nothing extraordinary but very worthwhile in  this part of
the state.  Here's the list of shorebirds & other birds  seen as we drove
along TR 145:

Wood Ducks, dozen or more
Canada Geese, about 50
Great Blue Heron, a dozen?
Solitary Sandpipers
Spotted Sandpipers
Least Sandpipers
Lesser Yellowlegs
Killdeer
Red-tailed Hawk--1
Yellow-billed Cuckoo--1 along the creek, 1 north of creek on TR 142
Belted Kingfisher
Eastern Wood Pewee
White-eyed Vireo--several along TR 142
Indigo Bunting
Eastern Towhee

To get to the area where the best shorebird viewing is, turn east onto the
road immediately south of the RT 83 bridge over Will's Creek.

Laura Dornan
Coshocton County

Read reviews on AOL Autos.