OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2008

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:10:42 -0400
I am kind of surprised that nobody has brought this up yet, but the current path of Hurricane Ike is supposed to cross northern Ohio on Monday.  The current prediction has the center just south of Toledo at 2am on Monday.  Things can change quick with these things, but if it goes as planned it may make for some interesting birding.  Here is a link to the current model.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200809_5day.html#a_topad

I would watch the forecast and plan accordingly.  The Lake Erie shoreline and inland reservoirs in the path are worth checking.

John Pogacnik