OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2008

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2008 18:32:04 -0700
I stopped at Bay View off of Rte 2 and 269 this morning on way back from my moms.  I went into town and turned right on Barrett Rd.  I saw something white on the dock in the marina next to Clemons Boats.  There were 13 turkeys on the dock.  They came into parking lot, past my car, through the parking down the road to the fence on the otherside of the road.  They had some white on them & some were mostly whitish so I guess they are semi Wild (domestic) Turkeys.  They had a little Butterball in them.  I went to Sheldon's Marsh - didn't get there til 9:30 so I didn't see a lot of warblers here are a few hightlights only:

Bay View
13 Misfit Semi Wild Turkeys

Sheldons Marsh
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1
Northern Flickers - 12-15 many of them
Eastern Wood Pewee 1
Warbling Vireos - few,
Philadelphia Vireo - at least 2
Red-eyed Vireo 7-8
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1, White-breasted 1, Titmouse 2
Swainsons Thrush 5, many Robins
Cedar Waxwing - few
Magnolia Warbler 3
Black-throated Blue 1f
Yellow-rumped 2
Blackpoll - 12
American Redstart 3
Canada Warbler 1
White-throated Sparrows - many heard, saw 1

Northern Pearly-eye Butterfly 1

Wildwood State Park, Cleveland 2-4pm
not many warblers (more wrens than usual, Carolina 2, House
Golden-crowned Kinglet 1 (first I have seen this month)
Painted Lady Butterfly

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/