OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2008

Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 07:46:55 -0400
Hi all
? Just a reminder to watch for large numbers?of Common Nighthawks as they move south. (In addition to Rob's report earlier this week) Yesterday, between 6 and 8 pm, I counted over?60 while driving around a small area of northern columbus. Not only were they flying in full daylight, but most were extremely close to the ground- offering great looks at?a bird that is normally hidden by dark and distance. Many of them were in loose flocks, but they were scattered all about throughout many fields, exhibiting very swallow-like behavior. Very fun!

PS- I plan to try to go catch the Wood Storks sometime tomorrow or saturday,so please continue to post both positive and negative reports.
Thank, and Good Birding-

Steve Landes