OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2008

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 10:08:41 -0400
I include below a post that appeared last night on the SE Michigan
mailing list. Michigan birders Karl Overman and Robert Epstein, in their
quest for good Ohio lists, have added to our knowledge of our state's
birds over the years. It's interesting to contrast the estimable Ohio
lists reported by Michigan "poachers" with the comparatively puny lists
our "poachers" have for Michigan. This despite the fact that the
official Michigan list has 12 more species than Ohio's, so we can't say
we have the birds and they have the birders! Additionally, I imagine if
we looked at combined Mich/OH lists, the wolverines would be well ahead.
Draw your own conclusions...
Bill Whan
Columbus