OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2008

From:
"Pratt, William C. Jr. Dr." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pratt, William C. Jr. Dr.
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 09:23:00 -0400
Here is a list of what was on display Sept. 6 at the Treaty Line viewing place, north end of Brookville Lake, IN:

Great Blue Herons (dozens lining the shore and mudflats)
Great Egrets (a dozen or more)
Ring-billed Gulls
Caspian Terns
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Dunlin
Spotted Sandpiper
Solitary Sandpiper
Pectoral Sandpiper
Baird's Sandpiper
Semi-palmated Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Killdeer
Semi-palmated Plover
Black-bellied Plover

In addition, at Acton Lake,Ohio, along with the Great Blue Herons and Killdeer in abundance were:
Great Egrets
Green Herons
White-eyed Vireo
Black-throated Green Warbler