OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2008

From:
Matthew Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:53:59 -0400
David,

I just remembered that Sandy Ridge has a motorized vehicle (like a 6 person
golf cart) that I have seen used to bring people back to the marsh for
birding.  I saw it on my first visit there about 6 weeks ago and it looked
like a volunteer was driving a small group of elderly folks on a regular
birding trip.  They stopped frequently for viewing and pictures as they made
their way around the marsh.  I don't know if this was free or if there was a
charge.  Perhaps you can call the park and see if it would be available to
you and your wife.

Matt Valencic