OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2008

From:
Erik Bruder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Bruder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 21:03:46 -0400
The Lorain County Metroparks run their tram at Schoepfle Gardens,
Sandy Ridge, and Black River Reservation.  Another option is to
contact the Black River Audubon Society.  We run private tram field
trips for those with mobility issues.  I'm on their board of directors
and can put you in contact with the person who coordinates the trips.
Send me a reply off list if you're interested.

Other options:
Wellington Reservation - has a nice asphalt loop around the old
reservoir.
Columbia Reservation - it has a paved loop as you mentioned.  There is
better birding on the side trails but the paved loop can be quite good
in the spring.  I've never tried in the fall.
Black River Reservation - start from the Bur Oak end off Ford Rd.
There is a steep hill at the Day's Dam end of the trail.
Carlisle Reservation - there is a nice paved trail behind the nature
center that can be good for birds.
Wellington Reservoir - you can drive up and there is parking at the
top.  Fall waterfowl is always really good there.

Erik Bruder
Westlake, OH