OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2008

Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:30:07 -0400
Good Afternoon.

With all of the attention to the wood storks the past coming week, I hadn't dropped by big island until today. In addition to all of the normal Herons, Teals, and Coots (Oh my!), I spotted 5 Great Egret out on 95. the dikes on the old pond over at Elgin School Road area seem to be complete.  The only "casulty" was the old tree that the raptors hung out on, all of the branches are now gone with only a trunk remaining.  The new dike out on 95 seems to be progressing nicely and I can't wait for winter/spring Duck migration. :)

If you do come over this way, I would recomend staying over in the 95 area due to hunting season (squirrels, doves, and Canadian Geese)  I heard several guns go off over at the old ponds and sometimes ammunition misses it's intended target...if you get what I'm saying.  No other shorebirds to report.

Have a great day and happy birding.

Steve
(a.k.a. sjlarue)