OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2008

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:50:37 -0400
It was another interesting day.  There were a small increase in gull numbers
with over 300 Bonaparte's gulls.  An adult LITTLE GULL was seen with them.
A RED-THROATED LOON hung around about 100 yards offshore for about a half
hour.  It was doing a lot of diving.

Like elsewhere along the lake, I had a ton of siskins moving today.
Movement was to the west.  There were also a lot of yellow-rumped warblers,
kinglets, and a few black-capped chickadees moving.

Lakeshore Waterbird Survey
October 19, 2008, 700-1000
Weather-  clear
Winds- SE 5 to NE 5, Temp- 33-35 F