OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2008

From:
Kenn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kenn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2008 17:47:19 -0400
I didn't have any trouble grasping the basic idea of this survey, but I
totally fail to understand the sourness and negativity of Bill Whan's
reaction.  The Ohio Division of Wildlife -- an agency that does a terrific
job -- is asking birders' opinions on a potential new voluntary source of
funding for some of their programs.  There's a fair amount of information in
the survey, and the original post included website info and contact phone
numbers for anyone who needs to know more.  So what's the problem?  I hope
that most Ohio birders will approach this survey with an open mind.  It took
me only a couple of minutes to complete the survey, and I didn't have any
difficulty "responsibly replying" to it.

Kenn Kaufman
Rocky Ridge, Ohio